Sunday, January 2, 2011

Stupid girl...crashed my Trek Madone!!!!!



First off, I have done about 6 races since last I blogged...what in the world was I thinking???? I cannot maintain one blog so why did I think I could maintain two??? I will try to recruit more girls...although they may not want to be stupidgirlsrunning...we will see.
Anyway...I did get lost at one of the above mentioned events...I ran out the wrong way from the transition area...not funny anymore...my husband asked...what the heck is wrong with you??? I don't know??? But I kicked his butt in the last tri we did so who cares!!!!!!!

I am going to do the Dual in the Desert on Jan 22nd...5K run, 20K bike, then another 5K run! It should be fun...and I just told a friend I would do Ragnar...Feb 25th....yikes! Hope I survive! I have to start hill training and two and three a days...
Lastly, and best of all...I got a new bike...it rocks!!! It is the BEST!!! I love it. I did crash it in it's first race. It was a 66 mile bike race...I crashed it around mile 31...took the skin off my elbow and thigh...bruised my hand and arm and shoulder...got blood all over my new, pretty, shiny bike! But I put the chain back on, twisted the brake back in place and got back on and finished the race...avg 17.6 mi an hour including crash time...not my best...not my worst...and I did it with very little drafting! I finally found someone to draft with when my crash happened...no one wanted to be near me after that!! Oh yea...the stupid part...this race was my first ride on my new bike and with these speed play peddles...yea...don't do a 66 mi bike race with new equipment that you have never used before...stupid!

1 comment: